Astrology of Love Marriages
While predicting, one should take no questions lightly. Although this question of whether I will marry a person of my choice that is love marriage in India seems futile and not of much importance, it matters and it is the most common question of youngsters these days.
Although it is a simple question, for me it has been very difficult to crack as not much has been written about it in the Shastra.
Now let’s get to it and break it down:
Desh Kala Patra
First and foremost is the desh kala Patra of the querist.
Desh: If he is not an Indian, then it will be a love marriage, as the custom of arranged marriages is prevalent only in India. Therefore, we will discuss about Indian Marriages in this article.
Kala: Kala means the times we are living in. These days’ love marriages in India are on the rise and even conservative families in the urban areas are ok with the idea of love marriage. Therefore, a youngster who is 25 years of marriage in 2017 might have a love marriage with few combinations of love marriage in his horoscope as compared to a 25-year-old in 1980s-1990s.
However, in old times one needed very strong promise and at the same time a very good dasha for love marriage to take place.
Therefore, we are more liberal with the combinations these days and slight combinations can give love marriage as well.
Patra: It means the society you are born in. While the same combinations might work for someone born in an open-minded family/ society/city but those combinations might not work for someone born in a very strict/conservative family/society.
Keeping these things in mind we can move further to the horoscope and check the combinations and match them with the dasha and use jaimini astrology to confirm. However, Parashari astrology and Vimshottari dasha gives good results in most cases.
- Lagna Lord in seventh or seventh lord in 1st House
If in a chart lagna lord is in the seventh house or vice versa or exchange of the two or they have a solid connection via aspect or conjunction the native tends to go for a love marriage, and in many cases, someone from the childhood. But you should check other factors as well for this combination to materialize.
- 5th House of Emotions and Romance
5th House is the house of emotions therefore it is the house where love affairs begin. The seventh house is the house of marriage/spouse. If there is a combination of the 5th and seventh lords, then the native tends to have a love affair but bear in mind this combination doesn’t work alone as the dasha and the patra of the individual should also give the green signal.
5th and 8th house combinations also give secret love affairs hidden from family and maybe friends in a few cases.
- Seventh House
This is the most important house when looking for marriages be arranged or love, look for the placement of planets in the seventh house or conjunct seventh lord apart from 5th 7thlord combinations.
Saturn: Placement of Saturn in the seventh can give marriage with someone out of the community, with an age gap or an unconventional marriage.
Rahu/Ketu: Rahu Ketu axis in the 1-7 of a horoscope can also give love marriage with someone out of community especially if it repeats in the navamsha chart.
Venus: Placement of Venus in the seventh gives a tendency of making the native more sensuous and having more than one relationships. It makes it more true if this Venus is conjunct Moon.
Presence of benefics in seventh gives infatuations but very rarely leads to love affair/marriage.
All these combinations do not work alone there must be more than one factor working and one should check for repetitions in the D9 chart.
- Eighth House: Combination of 5th or 7th lord in the 8th house can lead to a love affair which may be hidden at first but these affairs don’t last long since 8th house is involved.
- Dasha: Dasha is the most important factor after seeing the promise in D1 and D9. Check for dasha running after calculating the potential age of marriage and look for periods of 5th house which can give love affair blossoming into a marriage
- Venus dasha: Venus dasha running during 20s is a strong combination of marriage of own choice especially these days if other factors support.
- Trimsamsa or D30 chart: D30 chart is also to be seen for marriages especially for females but I am still working on it.
- Jaimini Astrology: Confirm it with Jaimini by looking at DK Pk Combinations or Dk 5th lord and Pk 7th lord combinations along with chara dasha.
These are most of the parameters which give love marriages only in India.